• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Personal ROE's
05-01-2012, 07:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-28-2012, 10:34 AM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
Personal ROE's
Here are mine:

Personal ROE's

Rules Of Play

* All options on, including Fog of War

* Armor facing can be negotiated

* Extreme Assault only in scenarios that call for it. (When it is called for it must be on.)

* Can discuss using Extreme Assault for scenarios that are "out of balance". (Most classic scenarios no.)

* Variable Visibility - Only in scenarios where the designer said it must be used. (I'll trust the scenario designer here.)

Unit ROE's

* Non combat units can be removed from the map ( I ususally drive to the boards edge, in a friendly controlled zone, wait one turn, and then exit the map)

* Units cannot be removed from the map. (Only when called for by the scenario designer and/or tourneymeister.)

* Non-combat units are any that cannot fire and/or assault.

* Non-combat transport units cannot be used to surround, block movement, block line of sight, draw opportunity fire, or perform "recon" duties.

* Combat halftracks & trucks can be used to surround and assault. Against enemy tanks only when assaulting with other infantry or tank combat units.

* Combat halftracks & trucks can "scout" when they are with (in the area of) their own carried units or in the company of scout cars.

* Against enemy soft targets, Ht's & trucks can overrun/assault any enemy soft unit, including artillery, HQ's, and AT guns.

* Scout cars similar to HT & trucks when assaulting. Never alone against tanks.

* Light tanks similar to scout cars but can assault enemy light tanks, never alone against medium or heavy tanks.

* Bren carrier transports are treated as half tracks.

* Armed trucks (with fire and assault values) are treated as halftracks.

* Leaders can participate in assaults when stacked with a combat unit that is assaulting.

*Dismounted horses should be treated as non-combat transports. (Though, I've seen the occasional stampede Helmet Wink now and then.)

*Snipers and patrol scout platoons/squads should only assault with regular combat units (as listed above - for purposes of assault they are not regular infantry).

ON MAP AIRPLANE ROE:

* No taking victory hexes by flying "over" them.
* No blocking movement of ground units.
* No using them in ground assaults.
* No blocking the movement of air units with ground units. (Yes, I had a situation where I had an air plane surrounded by ground units so that I could not move it. LOL!)

These are my personal ROE's. I discuss them prior to playing a new opponent and/or during play with a new player to the game.
I believe the above "unit ROE's" bring the most "historical" simulation to the game, which makes it less gamey.

Buds

HSL

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Personal ROE's - by Herr Straße Laufer - 05-01-2012, 07:40 AM
RE: Personal ROE's - by Crossroads - 05-01-2012, 08:29 PM
RE: Personal ROE's - by Herr Straße Laufer - 05-03-2012, 03:48 AM
RE: Personal ROE's - by Big Ivan - 05-03-2012, 10:50 AM
RE: Personal ROE's - by Crossroads - 05-03-2012, 08:47 PM
RE: Personal ROE's - by Askari19 - 05-03-2012, 09:52 PM
RE: Personal ROE's - by RADO - 05-06-2012, 01:40 AM
RE: Personal ROE's - by Herr Straße Laufer - 05-07-2012, 01:54 AM