• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games"
04-29-2012, 06:18 AM,
RE: Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games"
(04-29-2012, 06:07 AM)Von Earlmann Wrote:
(04-28-2012, 11:32 PM)PawelM Wrote: I have been following this threat closely. Trough my reltively short time at the Blitz I have been gaining the knowledge of all the little unwritten ROE ( e.g. like ones discussed in this thread) which have been developed in the community and are widely accepted by many long time members ( Personally many of these ROE are nice little rules which bear sensible and have fair justification - but this is not the purpose of this post).

Correct me if I am wrong, but I sensed ( it is always a bit risky to base the judgement on my sensesROTFLMAO ) a bit of stereotyping in this thread that long term members who have been here sometimes from the inception of the club are considering those who adapt the rules as little bit as nobel knights and those who do not are seem to be tainted as the ones lacking honour. I know noone has said it that way, but this is the impression one might get (again one with the sense like mine LMAO ) .

I do not seem the problem with both as a different way of playing the game. And the Blitz can be home to any way (expcept the cheater are not wellcome).

Pawel,
It is not so much a question of honor. it's a question of two ways to play the game and they are truly not compatible. Most of the old guard prefer the traditional way of using units as historically as possible. The other view point says lets play everything the game allows. The former is my preference as I feel the latter tends to make it more of an arcade game. I don't care for arcade games no matter what the roes are.....as to setting them before the game that is probably a good idea. I usually don't say too much but if my opponent uses gamey tactics I usually thank them for the game and ride off into the sunset.
When running a campaign I let it be known that gamey tactics will not be tolerated and as the gamemaster I will take steps to nullify them and penalize them when evaluating victory levels.

Fortunately most of the guys who campaign realise expending transport units, etc will result in no transport as the campaign progresses. Neither me nor their opponents seem to object to that lack of mobility :-)

Just different ways of playing the game is all.......

VE

??? Something seems to be missing ...
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games" - by RADO - 04-29-2012, 06:18 AM