• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What I would like to see..
04-26-2012, 05:29 AM,
What I would like to see..
I have thought for some time that the 1914-18 war is an era that is under-represented in games at the squad/ section/individual scale, there are a number of games that look at WW1 from the strategic and operational scale but none i am aware of that take it any lower than that. i think this is a gap in the market that I would love to see someone, preferably HPS, try and fill!

I would love to see something that looked similar to the Sb series but perhaps at an even smaller scale where each hex represented 5 metres and each unit represented individual men, there is lots of scope here for small scale actions, trench raids, patrols and lots of opportunity for some imaginative scenario design. I think the squad battle mechanics would probably be fairly easily adapted to this sort of scale.

I have touted this idea on a number of occasions on a number of different boards and i will keep popping up and mentioning it from time to time in the hope that eventually somebody with a bit of influence decides to take it up, in the mean time what are your views?

can you envisage playing a game in the style of SB at an individual rather than a squad scale?
What would you like about that?

or playing a game which models individuals that isn't a first person shooter? how cool would that be?
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What I would like to see.. - by Embis - 04-26-2012, 05:29 AM
RE: What I would like to see.. - by TheBigRedOne - 04-26-2012, 06:33 AM
RE: What I would like to see.. - by Mad_Dog - 04-26-2012, 07:04 AM
RE: What I would like to see.. - by Laza - 04-27-2012, 09:45 AM
RE: What I would like to see.. - by jmlima - 04-26-2012, 10:53 PM
RE: What I would like to see.. - by Compass Rose - 04-26-2012, 11:06 PM
RE: What I would like to see.. - by Richie61 - 04-26-2012, 11:46 PM
RE: What I would like to see.. - by Compass Rose - 04-27-2012, 02:06 AM