• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WF: Breakout at Benicourt - Balance Issues?
03-20-2012, 11:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-21-2012, 02:17 AM by Kool Kat.)
RE: WF: Breakout at Benicourt - Balance Issues?
Hello All,

I will weigh in here since I help Mike a lot with this one and some of what you see where based on my suggestions.

I have played both sides numerous times and I can tell you this scenarios is balanced. Both sides can win big or lose big. It all depends on the players.

With all due respect to all players, some of the play test results are just meaningless, because testers of vastly different skill levels tested together. I can tell you that if I tested a scenario with Tiger 88 it would be very hard for me to guage the balance. Tiger 88 is an elite player I am not. The testing results will be skewed. For testing results to have any merit players of equal skill level should be testing the scenario. Additionally the each player needs to play both sides of the test scenario to truly be able to rate its balance.

One of the reasons I will not test scenarios with my buddy mussolini is that I am a better player than he is. It would do the designer a disservice as I am more likely than not to beat him on either side of a scenario. Very little can be gleaned from that.

When I see better players beating weaker players in a sceanrio and then say the scenario is not balance it makes me laugh. It is not the scenarios that are unbalanced it is the players who are.

Huib is spot on. Time and statistics will tell if a scenario is truly balanced.

And this scenario is balanced.

Thanx!

Hawk
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WF: Breakout at Benicourt - Balance Issues? - by Hawk Kriegsman - 03-20-2012, 11:31 PM