• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Help, I can beat the AI but dont deserve it!
12-12-2011, 10:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-12-2011, 10:37 PM by TheGrayMouser.)
Help, I can beat the AI but dont deserve it!
Ok Ive played about 3 of the smaller "TT" scenarios and won , barely, vs the AI but I feel my gameplay was sloppy and I have no idea what im doing right or wrong. No matter how careful I am , my troops always end up in a morrass of different commands intermingled causing disorder everywhere, troops order to charge straight ahead end up charging sideways, troops "recoil" but then move and attack someone else, oye

I think my problem is there is no real "feedback" on what is happening. Why do my cataphracts die in droves when facing light medium infantry they charged into, for example?

Per the manual there are SO many modifiers effecting the combat, +1 for being on the right flank of shielded units etc etc etc but where can one SEE these in game ? I tried playing with on map results OFF, and other than getting carpal tunnel syndrome from closing the combat box 400 times per turn, there was no ilumination of what was going on .... The on map dialogue appears only to show 2-3 basic modifers like is charging, fatigue etc but none of the 20-30 other modifiers...
I doudt there is any way to see all th emodifers in a clean usable way since this is a wego game, but the lack of feedback is making it tough to enjoy, and I so do want to enjoy these games. Maybe I need some massive remedial tutorials or something , doh.

edit Ok figured out one thing at least, skirmishers need to be reset to "skirmish" every single turn or they will try and hold their ground vs legions, oops
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Help, I can beat the AI but dont deserve it! - by TheGrayMouser - 12-12-2011, 10:33 PM