• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

firing at hex with multiple targets
11-22-2011, 08:12 PM,
firing at hex with multiple targets
I would not be surprised if someone brought htis one up before.
When firing at a hex with multiple targets there is a small flaw in my view. I think in my view easiet will be to use an example. I always assumed 1 strength point in tank platoon represents 1 tank. If we take a shermann platoon of 3sp and fire at it one shot with panther tank from close distance i have chance based on the combat reolution table (and roll of dice) to inflict more than 1sp loss with a single shot, i.e. Based on attack defence ratio. Now, this is not possible to achieve when we have 3 platoons with 1sp strength each. I can fire at one at the time. Would anyone agree it would make more sense the losses were sprea randomly across all same type units in the hex? Say i decide to fire at the tanks in a hex. In real battlefield this is how it would wrk say i decide to fire at tanks with my AT. Guners do not care if they are from the same platoon. If they hit 2 tanks you will not say 1 does not count because it wa not from the platoon you decided to fire in the first place. Same if i want to use my MG to fire at number of infantry platoon they will fire at peaople not think if they are from the same unit. Therefore i think when firing at hex with number of platoons the attacker shoul only be able to choose the unit type to fire at. And the losses shoul be randomly spread among all target units.

i am interested to hear what other think about this.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
firing at hex with multiple targets - by PawelM - 11-22-2011, 08:12 PM