• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Are there any plans to update the graphics?
07-02-2011, 09:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-02-2011, 09:14 AM by Al Amos.)
RE: Are there any plans to update the graphics?
I agree the game can use another 3d zoom level. I'd love that, and have trouble following the game as well. John Tiller makes PzC, Paul Bueffel makes AW. HPS sells both. They both have thier own style and hire thier own artist. There is no crossover. HPS sells both, that's all.

PzC was not John's first game series, and that series has enjoyed a VERY loyal fan base that has modded the heck out of the artwork to make it much prettier. I was wondering if you liked the artwork that came on the PzC CDs, the unmodded stuff you actually buy. ;-)

Paul's Ancient Wars series is his VERY first, and a great first attempt it is! It has a lot of room to grow, and Paul has learned alot since releasing Punic Wars. He has a full-time job on top of developing AW. He's done a fantastic job on a very thin shoestring budget. He has been listening very intently to what his customer's want, and has implemented many of thier ideas. I wouldn't be surprised he agrees with your desire for an additional zoom level, but I'm not promising anything, or speaking for him.

If, I had the time and ability to mod some of the 2D artwork, I would to spice it up, but his 3D work is very appealing to me. Now I have noticed as I've migrated to larger and larger screens over the years, I've seen more and more of the battle area in 3D. If you have a big screen TV that you can plug into your CPU, you may want to try that to see what you see. :-)

Artwork is very expensive, and PzC has enjoyed volunteer FREE artwork from its fan base to bring its eye-candy appeal to acceptable levels. Perhaps some willing soul would extend this charity to Paul to upgrade the 2d artwork for his series. Just a thought.
Al Amos
Start with God - the first step in learning is bowing down to God; only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning. - Proverbs 1:7 The Message
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are there any plans to update the graphics? - by Al Amos - 07-02-2011, 09:12 AM