• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Which SB Planning Maps should focus on?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Vietnam
11.76%
2 11.76%
Tour of Duty
5.88%
1 5.88%
Proud and the Few
5.88%
1 5.88%
Eagles Strike
11.76%
2 11.76%
Korean War
11.76%
2 11.76%
Advance of Reich
5.88%
1 5.88%
Pacific War
11.76%
2 11.76%
Winter War
0%
0 0%
Red Victory
35.29%
6 35.29%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Planning Maps - setting priorities
08-15-2011, 01:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-16-2011, 10:46 AM by Outlaw Josey Wales.)
RE: Planning Maps - setting priorities
The larger maps look great, especially if they can actually be used for gaming, not just perusing. I'd like to see the ability to have up to a div fight to the point where you have, for example, 1ss PzD vs rus inf div with tank bde in support, meeting engagement, you each start with small recon elements and then as the battle goes, you can bring in more troops of your choosing be it a company, bn, rgt/bde or a mixed force at a cost of vps or something and the force you control is up to you up to a whole div with support units if you think you need it or think you can fight with just one bde. You just have access to the div you chose to fight the battle with. Of course the scenarios would be longer and the objectives are what you decide you have to have. The object is to destroy the opposing force, no vp hexes, just casualties and maybe giving points for calling in more troops. Neither side will know what the points are until the end of the scenario. You only realize your opp brought on more troops because you bumped into them on the battlefield.

A random map generator would go good for that, but the OOBs is where the bulk work would be as I see it better having the actual div rather than generic, for example U.S. 1st inf div vs U.S. inf div 1944. Some units would vary during the course of the war. Then consider having a choice of all the units from all the nationalities present and those yet to actually be added makes for a large selection of units to choose from.

Would also like to see some larger scenarios. Some of the operations in French IndoChina as a whole. Yes they would be longer scenarios, but if people really want the experience you have to do the whole thing and do it right or most people just take the fire before the game starts because they are impatient. Much more strategy would be involved with some of those longer scenarios. Besides that, it could make for some interesting team games if people are interested.

Or if everybody really wants to get ambitious, with a complete OOB, ww2 could be fought as a div vs div fight or campaigns or operations if not want the entire ww2. Cdrs have OOB of divs plus supporting units like the Tiger Bns that would be allocated and opps get their assignments and opposing player not knowing if you are going into battle with an inf div vs a pz div or whatever.

I guess I should mention if there were some longer and larger scenarios that there should be some way to resupply units unless they are isolated of course.

It's pretty obvious my mind has alot of time on it's hands.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Planning Maps - setting priorities - by -72- - 06-07-2011, 01:28 PM
RE: Planning Maps - setting priorities - by -72- - 06-07-2011, 02:48 PM
RE: Planning Maps - setting priorities - by -72- - 06-08-2011, 10:08 AM
RE: Planning Maps - setting priorities - by -72- - 06-11-2011, 02:20 PM
RE: Planning Maps - setting priorities - by -72- - 08-14-2011, 11:27 AM
RE: Planning Maps - setting priorities - by Outlaw Josey Wales - 08-15-2011, 01:12 AM