• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Should the Game Saves Counter be removed in the next patch?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
26.09%
6 26.09%
No
73.91%
17 73.91%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Turn Saves Counter: Blessing or Curse?
05-07-2011, 10:00 AM,
RE: Turn Saves Counter: Blessing or Curse?
(05-07-2011, 05:55 AM)RADO Wrote: In my experience, some players cheat without saves, simply making their moves, noting significant positions, and then they simply delete the file and re-save the file from their opponent's email & start the turn over. This type of cheat will not show up except in their very consistent "perfect" moves, unless there is a way to catch this I don't know about.

The only cure I know is to simply end the game, give your opponent his major victory, and don't game with him any more, and report one's suspicions to the moderator.

Rule 14. Cheating should be used with caution. Depending on the skill of the player and the style of the opponent there are many misunderstandings regarding a players ability or imagined effort to "cheat" to win.
Most times a simple e-mail exchange of explanations are the solution to ill feelings of cheating. :chin:

Though, I have done the same as Rado when faced with perfect moves. "Thank you for the game. Man, you've had some lucky shots. How'd you figure out where I set up my ambushes. I am not in your class. Report your victory. Sorry, I am not up for another match."; are my usual goodbye phrases when I suspect a "re-player". :cantswim:

There are plenty of solid players in the club.
A frustrating .01% are few and far between. :pullhair:

The save count is not even a good indicator of cheating. Especially in larger scenarios, or households that are busy. :smoke:

cheers
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Turn Saves Counter: Blessing or Curse? - by Herr Straße Laufer - 05-07-2011, 10:00 AM