• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Looking for game for Punic Wars and Gallic Warfare
02-09-2011, 11:29 AM,
RE: Looking for game for Punic Wars and Gallic Warfare
The beauty of Paul's engine is YOU can design scenario to fit YOUR taste. Put cohorts as the basic unit in Gallic and later eras, fine by me. That helps you play larger battles, too. If you want to have centuries as the basic unit which is my preference with two in the Punic game per maniple and six in the cohort in Gallic Wars, you can. Both can be fun.

Enjoy the flexiblity of the engine, and create cohort level scenarios for all of us to enjoy.

"that guy named Al" - I endorse maniples and cohorts to be contructed as a group with centuries as the basic combat counter and a leader counter(s), too. This allows players to order groups to react to tactical situations, and also allows the engine to simulate the 'rotation' in and out of melee by having two centuries in a stack where both counters can melee each phase, at the tactical level. It is my preference, and as valid as anyone elses. I also endorse cohors to be the basic counter for the larger battles. So, please use this quote in the future when telling others my preferences. It is the correct one. Thanks! :-)

I also endorse the validity of YOUR preferences, and encourage you to make scenarios with those preferences, and from YOUR viewpoints. Please don't use my veiws to limit your enjoyment of the game, make your own. Upload them here so others can see your take on history and enjoy the scenarios you create. Don't use this difference of opinion as a stumbling block or excuse to quit playing, make scenarios the way you like them.

Looking forward to see some scenario you make. :-)

al
Al Amos
Start with God - the first step in learning is bowing down to God; only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning. - Proverbs 1:7 The Message
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for game for Punic Wars and Gallic Warfare - by Al Amos - 02-09-2011, 11:29 AM