• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stratadies of War?
08-19-2010, 06:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-19-2010, 06:38 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: Stratadies of War?
Gen.Patton- "Inflict the maximum amount of wound,death and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
"Lead me, follow me,or get out of my way"
"May God have mercy on my enemies,because I won't"
"The quicker they're whipped,the sooner we can go home"
"Just drive down that road until you get blown up"
"There are only three principles of war - Audacity, Audacity and Audacity "
"Battle is the most magnificent competition in which human beings can indulge"
"War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours. Rip them up the belly. Shoot them in the guts"
"I do not have to tell you who won the war. You know, the artillery did"

Gen. Guderian- "Punch with your fist and not with your fingers spread " -
"Boot 'em, don´t spatter 'em" -
"Once armoured formations are out on the loose they must be given the green light to the very end of the road"
"The engine of a tank is as much a weapon as its gun"
"If the tank succeeds, the victory follows"

Gen. Rommel- "Concentrate strength at one point,force a breakthrough, roll up the flanks, penetrating like lightning deep into the rear before the enemy has time to react"
"The day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire."
"I decided to ignore my orders and to take command at the front [Africa 1941] with my own hands as soon as possible"

Hitler - "That's what I need! [tanks] That's what I want to have!"

Gen MacArthur - "It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it"

US Grant -"The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving"

Duke of Wellington - "The whole art of war consists of guessing at what is on the other side of the hill"

Montgomery - "When I assumed command of 8th Army I said the mandate was to destroy Rommel and his army as soon as we were ready. We are ready now"

Lt Col Cyril Joly -"The more you use [tanks], the fewer you lose"

Adm Nimitz - "When you're in command, COMMAND"

Ho Chi Minh-"You can kill ten of my men for every one I kill of yours,
but even at those odds, you will lose and I will win"

Ralph Waldo Emerson- "Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect"

Gen Norman Schwarzkopf -"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy"

Napoleon Bonaparte- "The battlefield is a scene of constant chaos. The winner will be the one who controls that chaos, both his own and the enemies"

Archilocus (Greek mercenary) 650 BC- "I have a high art, I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me"

Gen Norman Schwarzkopf- "We need to DESTROY, not attack, not damage, not surround. I want to DESTROY the Republican Guard"

Miyamoto Musashi (samurai 1584-1645)- "True warriors are fierce, because their training is fierce"

Sun Tzu, 600 BC- "Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it's price"

Ho Chi Minh- "Whoever should wish to seize Vietnam must kill us to the last man"

Hitler- "I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature."

Daniel Boone- "I was happy in the midst of dangers and inconveniences"

General Nathan F. Twining, USAF- "Fighter pilots fall into two broad categories: those who go out to kill and those who, secretly, desperately, know they are going to get killed-the hunters and the hunted"

Duke of Wellington- "I attribute my success on the battlefield to always being on the spot to see and do everything for myself"

Niccolo Machiavelli (1469-1527)- "War should be the only study of a prince. He should consider peace only as a breathing-time, which gives him leisure to contrive, and furnishes an ability to execute, military plans"

Gen Colin Powell- “Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can understand"

Marcus Tullius Cicero 50 BC- "True nobility is exempt from fear"

Chinese proverb- "Under a good general there are no bad soldiers"

Sun Tzu 600 BC-"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys.
Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"

Gen William Sherman- "War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over"

Hermann Goering- "Guns will make us powerful, butter will only make us fat"

Gen. William Sherman- "A battery of field artillery is worth a thousand muskets"

Josef Stalin- "Artillery is the god of war"

Niccolo Machiavelli (1469-1527)- "The first method of estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him."

Gen. Michael Moseley USAF- "The preponderance of the Republican Guard divisions outside of Baghdad are now dead. I find it interesting when folks say we're softening them up. We're not softening them up, we're killing them"

Hitler- "The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence"
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Stratadies of War? - by Ratzki - 08-10-2010, 06:35 AM
RE: Strategies of War? - by Der Kuenstler - 08-10-2010, 08:33 AM
RE: Stratadies of War? - by herroberst - 08-11-2010, 12:41 AM
RE: Stratadies of War? - by cargol - 08-11-2010, 05:05 AM
RE: Stratadies of War? - by JasonC - 08-11-2010, 02:13 PM
RE: Stratadies of War? - by Ratzki - 08-11-2010, 03:25 PM
RE: Strategies of War? - by Der Kuenstler - 08-13-2010, 11:35 PM
RE: Stratadies of War? - by captainkije - 08-14-2010, 03:47 PM
RE: Stratadies of War? - by PoorOldSpike - 08-19-2010, 06:37 AM
RE: Stratadies of War? - by JasonC - 08-23-2010, 05:04 AM