• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stratadies of War?
08-11-2010, 12:41 AM,
RE: Stratadies of War?
Thanks Ratzki.

1. I don't need some 5,000 year old Chinese General [Sun Tzu] to tell me to "hit them where they're weak." Attributed to a Marine Corps General. :). "Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way." "Go left, right or up the middle, but attritional warfare is inevitable."
2. For meeting engagements (which I find rather boring in general but I will play them if that is what the opponent wants) I seek to build a combined-arms team to handle come what may (armor, infantry, artillery, antitank guns, mortars, snipers, transport). I favor getting to the flags first but I also find that many of my MEs result in draws. Probably because I am too cautious in the first phase trying to determine what kind of opponent I face: is he rash and exposes his armor right away, is he cautious, does he expose a flank (if he does I will try to go right after that - maybe my trademark?). A quick look at the terrain will decide what flank or middle to weight and what to do in general. But I need to accept more risk in ME's to make it more interesting and accept more losses - it's only a game after all.
3. For ops and scenarios (which I prefer because it introduces uncertainty and interest where MEs do not in my opinion) I'll read the briefing, think about forces I have, what the mission is and then look at the terrain to decide what to do based on what edge I think I have been given (of course sometimes the scenario or op is so imbalanced as to make defeat kind of a foregone conclusion but therein lies a challenge as well). Always, always watching for opponent mistakes. As Guderian pointed out "boot them, don't slap them" so I will weight the main effort accordingly. As the French General said (before he surrendered :)) L'audace, l'audace, tous jour l'audace.
4. I have been playing since 2003 and am still an avid player although returning files everyday is sometimes a hassle. I like CM and will continue with it for the foreseeable future. Need to push myself to accept more risk and make it more interesting.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Stratadies of War? - by Ratzki - 08-10-2010, 06:35 AM
RE: Strategies of War? - by Der Kuenstler - 08-10-2010, 08:33 AM
RE: Stratadies of War? - by herroberst - 08-11-2010, 12:41 AM
RE: Stratadies of War? - by cargol - 08-11-2010, 05:05 AM
RE: Stratadies of War? - by JasonC - 08-11-2010, 02:13 PM
RE: Stratadies of War? - by Ratzki - 08-11-2010, 03:25 PM
RE: Strategies of War? - by Der Kuenstler - 08-13-2010, 11:35 PM
RE: Stratadies of War? - by captainkije - 08-14-2010, 03:47 PM
RE: Stratadies of War? - by PoorOldSpike - 08-19-2010, 06:37 AM
RE: Stratadies of War? - by JasonC - 08-23-2010, 05:04 AM