• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

MapMod for First World War Campaigns
06-02-2010, 06:35 AM,
RE: MapMod for First World War Campaigns
(06-02-2010, 06:21 AM)Sch Wrote: This is the kind of attitude why these games are only available for only a very limited audience.

And this is the kind of attitude why these games -if they remain unable to evolve- will eventually extinct.

When the "oldschool wargamers" are gone noone will play with such programs anymore.
And why would they? Nowadays one can run the latest games in 1920x1080 with astonishing visuals. Why would anyone without the tabletop war games backround pay full price for such an obsolote looking software?

It must be because of my age (iam 22), but i simply cannot understand what keeps from HPS from hiring 3 or so capable men to create the modern visuals their otherwise excellent games deserve.

The start of a new series (the ww1 campaigns) would have been a good opportunity to release a product with a new look.
But naaah, lets just keep the engine we used in the past 20 years.
Why change?

What sort of visuals do you have in mind? Puffs of smoke when the artillery fires? Explosions in the hex where you assault?
The reason the game engine hasn't changed much is because it does a good job at what it is designed to do. I would rather have a good game with dull graphics than a dull game with good graphics.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
MapMod for First World War Campaigns - by Jison - 05-29-2010, 03:03 AM
RE: MapMod for First World War Campaigns - by Sch - 06-01-2010, 02:39 AM
RE: MapMod for First World War Campaigns - by Sch - 06-02-2010, 06:21 AM
RE: MapMod for First World War Campaigns - by Nitram Draw - 06-02-2010, 06:35 AM
RE: MapMod for First World War Campaigns - by Al - 06-02-2010, 10:42 AM