• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tour of Duty advice and PBEM wanted
04-08-2010, 05:29 AM,
Tour of Duty advice and PBEM wanted
Hi everyone, I just recently been turned on to Squad Battles. I had been suffering WW2 gaming burnout, the games I have been playing were mostly "grand strategy" and this is my first time playing on such a small scale. Just a few questions if anyone can take the time to help me I would appreciate it, also if you would like to play PBEM with me that would be great, just reply and i will give you my email.

1) My vehicles seem to become immobile after only a few moves, is this normal?
2) Is it okay to assault pinned units?
3) Been playing for about a week now and I have yet to see anyone die from mortar fire? I have pinned a unit with mortar fire but I don't see anyone getting killed.
4) Illumination? How do I tell if it is nighttime, there is a mission called "Night Patrol" but I don't see any difference.
5) Attacking a hill seems you have to get lucky with 500lbs and napalm, VC with 3 guns and a trench at the top of the hill and I'm at the bottom pinned :(
6) What is the deal with the HUGE maps and only 12 turns you will never be able to get across most of the action is within a 30 hex area.
7) I have not seen any tunnels or snipers, where are they?

and finally if anyone has any general advice for someone new to this game, thanks.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Tour of Duty advice and PBEM wanted - by VIETNAM - 04-08-2010, 05:29 AM
RE: Tour of Duty advice and PBEM wanted - by Ivan - 04-08-2010, 08:14 AM