• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Change of Personnel in the H2H Section
01-26-2010, 11:08 AM,
RE: Change of Personnel in the H2H Section
Greetings Peter and all others,

At a minimum, IMHO one of the player testers should be an experienced CS player. However, even after I say it, there is something to be said for two less experienced players going through a scenario as well. They may just see something with less jaded eyes that others miss.

I would prefer some experienced players go through it at first, then less experienced players go through it after it's been worked a bit. Of course, that is based on my long time experience. Being somewhat of a realist, I know there are multiple ways of doing things, but I want a little methodology...

It came out a little stronger than intended, but when I say its "crap"... I feel pretty confident that many other players will concur because it probably lacks some of what I call the basic components of a good scenario...

I agree, not everyone will feel that way though and it is definitely a matter of opinion... Yet, I feel strongly that a little QA/QC from a dedicated crew will over time make a better crew of designers, play-testers, and finally, good scenarios. It also seems to maintain a nucleus of old and new blood for the game...

I don't call a scenario crap lightly, but I have enough experience both professional and personal to see what will work and what is probably not going to work....

Yeah, yeah... Make way for "von Krieg's" over-inflated opinion of himself.. And remember, if I come to visit a town near you please ensure the doors are double-wide for my super-sized ego... :blah:

There is no requirement that a scenario go through our process... and not using our process does not mean the scenario is not a good one... Not everyone has the time to contribute... and nobody's going to say anything because you didn't work it through us... at least they better not...

Regards as I step down from the :soap:,

Jim
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread