• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Soapbox and Pot Stir.....Bunkers and Pill Boxes
09-11-2009, 10:58 PM,
RE: Soapbox and Pot Stir.....Bunkers and Pill Boxes
The original Combat Missions (CMx1) were World War II games. There were 3 of them, one for the Western European Campaign, one for the Eastern Front, and the third for the North African/Italian campaign. They can still be purchased.

The newer version of Combat Mission (CMx2) includes Shock Force and its add-ons which are set in a theoretical war between Syria and the US/UK (so far). There are plans for a Normandy version of CMx2 which is supposed to be out late this year or early next year (I think).

They are 3D games, but I am not 100% sure I would call the CMx1 games hi-end, at least not compared to the typical first-person-shooter or Battlefront type game. There are a couple other sort of similar series (Theater of War and Panzer Commander). I haven't tried those, and the reviews are generally mixed.

CMx1 has quite a following at the Blitz, and if you wanted to try it out, I am sure someone would give you a game. There are also demos of CMx1 available over at Battlefront.com, although I think those are single-player only.

Hope it helps.
Mike
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Soapbox and Pot Stir.....Bunkers and Pill Boxes - by Mike Abberton - 09-11-2009, 10:58 PM