• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Place your ideas for a new Modern Campaign/Panzer Campaign Here
07-31-2009, 06:16 PM,
RE: Place your ideas for a new Modern Campaign/Panzer Campaign Here
westkent5097 Wrote:All I want is a continuation of the Danube 85 map which includes the rest of Denmark and Austria. That's all- I'll do the rest. You've done it before with the addition of the Berlin segment to NGP, so please HPS stop making us have to abstract amphibious & airborne invasions and the Austrian plain.

I know that the mountainous parts of Austria and Scandinavia aren't going to work in the map engine as it currently stands, but arguably the 'missing' parts of Eastern Austria and Denmark should have been in the original release.

Easy for me to say as I won't be generating the map.

Yep, i also think that they should do it, furthermore, i would expand it to cover even the north eastern part of Italy but i would not include the whole denmark because it would be almost impossible to conquest due to the game engine and all the islands that Denmark is compossed of (it would require a strategical decission to generate an amphibious assault on each island...), so about Denmark i would say to stick to the Jutland peninsula and make it to reach until Aalborg.

About the mountain parts, well a engine can always be modified to include impassable hexagons for tanks or other heavy vehicles (for example, imagine an area where the tanks can only move in road hexagons and the light infantry (the one motorized by trucks) can move in any hexagon.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Place your ideas for a new Modern Campaign/Panzer Campaign Here - by P.Ako - 07-31-2009, 06:16 PM