• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

3+ multi-PBEM capability
06-08-2009, 12:54 AM,
3+ multi-PBEM capability
At the top of my Squad Battle wish list in terms of a future enhancement would be the capability for 3+ multi-PBEM. In other words, a player controlling the British units in a scenario would make their move, save it, email it to their ally who is controlling the American units who make their move, save it, email it to their opponents controlling the German forces who make their move, who in turn email it to their Italian comrades who make their move. That would comprise one turn. The game can already handle this to a limited degree, but it would be best if each player was restricted from being able to manage allied units that aren't under their control (e.g., British player couldn't move American forces and vice versa).

I think it would be a hoot to have a bunch of players involved and it would add a tremendous dimension to the game. For instance, aside from the sheer fun of having many players involved, it would make it possible to tackle much larger scale scenarios without making the moves overwhelming for any single player. I also think this would attract new players to Squad Battles who are interested in a group PBEM type game (e.g., folks who are interested in the game Diplomacy).
Party

(PS: By the way, I just ordered my copy of DBP - after having just ordered PW the previous week. I now have 130 new scenarios to contend with ... LOL.)
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
3+ multi-PBEM capability - by Rabbit - 06-08-2009, 12:54 AM
RE: 3+ multi-PBEM capability - by TheBigRedOne - 06-08-2009, 01:48 AM
RE: 3+ multi-PBEM capability - by Riley D. Smith - 06-09-2009, 02:30 AM
RE: 3+ multi-PBEM capability - by fastphil - 06-10-2009, 03:31 AM
RE: 3+ multi-PBEM capability - by Riley D. Smith - 06-13-2009, 01:38 AM
RE: 3+ multi-PBEM capability - by MasnarT - 06-13-2009, 02:18 AM