• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Aachen west wall anyone want to try it out.
06-03-2009, 11:31 PM,
RE: Aachen west wall anyone want to try it out.
Mike:

Your correct, that was an error on my part and the latest revision of the files I thought I had moved all German on map western (left edge) at least one hex away from any entry hexes. If you moved them back on top of them...that's your problem...not mine...(:O)
I'll check that and make sure I didn't leave any others by mistake.

When I was hot seat beta testing it I usually ran all the German Turn 1 guys as far east as possible...saving OP fire with those I could...because I knew what was coming next turn!...lol...

The old game engine would actually destroy enemy units in a reinforcement hex...so I guess "moving them over" a hex is a step in the right direction for the JTCS version.
In any case it's a rare occurence.

If the unusual nature of the reinforcements causes issues I can easily delete them and make them on map units. They would serve effectively either way. I first started toying with bringing on rear gaurd troops moving backwards onto the map with my Berlin47 scenario where large elements of the German 6th Army come on map retreating in front of the 3rd and 5th Gaurds Tank Armies. It seemed to work pretty well...a lot of players did some head scratching at first but as the turns progressed they saw the "flow" to it, and I got a couple of nice comments on it.

The thing about this map is the German player can REALLY make the Allied player pay for the territory in front of the wall by using his engineers to blow bridges. You'll see a lot of the streams through the area are actually blue on my map. That is to simulate the flooding of the Wurm and the heavy weather that had ran through the area the two weeks previous. Those blue rivers and determined German engineer units force the Allies to build medium bridges, and the last ones over the Wurm, which is under the gunsites of the Sharnhorst Line north of Aachen.

If I was a stickler for accuracy, I probably would have made this a mud map, but I hate playing games with all that brown on my monitor....too depressing and somber...so soft and green the ground shall be!

Regards,

Dan
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aachen west wall anyone want to try it out. - by Dan Caviness - 06-03-2009, 11:31 PM