• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Aachen west wall anyone want to try it out.
06-03-2009, 10:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-03-2009, 10:29 PM by Kool Kat.)
RE: Aachen west wall anyone want to try it out.
Dan Caviness Wrote:Mwest:

Hey man how you doing?
Good to hear from you also my friend.

Here's what I had in mind with the reinforcements coming on all map left (West) and coming in pretty hot and heavy the first 10 turns . I'm trying to simulate the collapse of the German forces in that area of the Netherlands and directly in front of the so called "West Wall" defensive line along the German border.
Actually...thought...you guys might like it...lol...
The Germans that are west of the Scharnhorst and Schill lines come on directly in front of a wave of Allies that are pursuing them towards the wall.

They are a few stragglers in comparison to the Axis forces on map and waiting for the Allied advance. Only added to show the "flow" of the battle as it washes in from the West. They come on the first turn only. The Allies don't come on Turn 1 because I have Axis forces directly in their path when they do enter on Turn 2 and I wanted to give the Axis player (2nd Side) a chance to set his OP fire before the Allied player comes in.

Then when the Allies reach that wall, they find out why they didn't want to.

That is where the Germans make their stand, on the borders of the Fatherland.

It's where you and I would do it.
It's where they did it.
Yes, casualties were severe.
Historically.

My thanks to everyone for their constructive comments and criticism.

Once again thanks jb, valor, mwest, zap, roadrunner, et al.

Dan

Hi Dan:

Thanks for the "designer notes" on the first turns and early reinforcements. :) I had guessed (correctly) concerning the staggered nature of the German reinforcements along the left edge being survivors of a previous battle. :smoke:

Aachen, West Wall - being one of your designs... it naturally follows that a lot of historical research has gone into it. Big Grin

BTW... I played around with the first two turns and discovered if you leave German units in the Allied reinforcement hexes, when the Allied units arrive on board, they "push" the German units one hex out and then occupy the reinforcement hex! Eek I would NOT want to be the German player and suddenly discover that instead of defending a town, my troops are now sitting out in an open field with adjacent enemy units! Eek
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aachen west wall anyone want to try it out. - by Kool Kat - 06-03-2009, 10:27 PM