• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Russians ONLY "Little Saturn" No Germas Pls
05-18-2009, 01:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-19-2009, 04:46 AM by Ratzki.)
Russians ONLY "Little Saturn" No Germas Pls
Southern Russia, Dec. 1942. While the battle at Stalingrad was in full swing, the Russians launched Operation “Little Saturn” with the objective of capturing Rostov on the Don River. If the Russians could get to Rostov then the whole German 4th Army and any forces trying to relieve the 6th Army at Stalingrad would be cut off and would lead to the total collapse of the southern front.
The first objective would be the town of Tatsinskaya and the German airstrip located there. The town was the centre of the Luftwaffe attempts to supply Stalingrad by air. With the capture of this town, the fate of the German 6th army would be assured. This would happen on Dec. 23Rd 1942.
This operation will start on Dec. 23Rd 1942 with the Germans in the process of fortifying the town. You have to take the town and the airstrip and prevent the Germans from using it. You will be facing units of the German 6th and 11th Pz Div.s, as well as misc. Units that the Germans are hurrying into position.
Good luck.
Initial Russian forces entering on the map consists of the following:

[Image: Russiansetup1.jpg]

I will now need whoever the Commander is to take a screenshot of the map from the link below:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en-GB&t=h&...19727&z=12

And load it into Paint and place your units as you wish with the few limitaions listed in the picture above, in this post. Try to keep units together as much as possible in order to avoid loss in effectiveness, represented by quality loss. Also, I have planned for platoons to have their own HQs but if you break them up too much they will loose these HQs as well. Remember, this is just a general placement for now, no need to get too picky, yet.
Below is an example of an initial setup. All German units must start behind the RED line on the map below, and if you could indicate facing of the groups to help with the setup when we get into the initial battles.
Your Russians will be comming from the direction of the RED arrow.

[Image: Germansetup2.jpg]

Ground condition is light snow.
Dawn
Snowing
Strong wind W

Once we get this done I will give the next set of instructions.
So I will let you guys decide who wants to command the whole force, it does not really matter I just need only one person to be giving me orders. So run it by commitee or whatever I do not care, just let me know.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Russians ONLY "Little Saturn" No Germas Pls - by Ratzki - 05-18-2009, 01:38 PM