• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Getting to know your Optional Rules
05-01-2009, 02:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-06-2009, 11:44 PM by TheBigRedOne.)
Getting to know your Optional Rules
I posted a poll a few weeks back on optional rules that players tend to use:

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=51068

The two least chosen by the group were Optional Fire Results and Optional Assault Results. I found this interesting and actually had money that Alternate Fire Density would be the rule least used since it was implemented more for guerrilla type conflicts where one side has smaller teams of men (SAW, for instance).

So, I thought, maybe I was missing something. I went to the program and lifted the descriptions for both rules.

Quote:Optional Fire Results – when this rule is selected, each fire result is calculated as the average of two normal fire results. This has the effect of reducing the variation in results.

Optional Assault Results – when this rule is selected, each assault result is calculated as the average of two normal assault results. This has the effect of reducing the variation in results.

So, basically it takes two die rolls and averages them together, eliminating potentially wild results. In conversations I've had, a few folks seem to like the more random possibilities of the die rolls, arguing that it will mimic typical combat situations, where oftentimes strange things can happen.

Any thoughts from the crowd here about the usage of these rules?
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Getting to know your Optional Rules - by TheBigRedOne - 05-01-2009, 02:31 AM
RE: Getting to know your Optional Rules - by -72- - 03-04-2011, 07:24 AM