• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer campaigns mindset assistance
03-31-2009, 06:58 AM,
RE: Panzer campaigns mindset assistance
Hi Hank

I am new to the PzC games. I played S41 campaign game as the Germans vs the AI and found the opponent a mixed bag. I some cases it was very tough. One thing I noticed was the AI didnt seem to recognize when it's units were in danger of isolation and in fact sometimes poured more units into an area clearly about to be surrounded. It had trouble reacting when I attacked in places it didnt expect. The grand strategy employed by the AI in the campaign game sometimes didnt match the situation. After 5 days of fighting I had captured Smolensk, destroyed a large part of the Russian forces on the map and cut off many of those left.

From a casualty perspective the Russian (AI) losses were almost 90,000 men and 900 plus vehicles. In contrast the Germans lost 25,000 men and 1000 vehicles. The vehicle losses for the Germans were very high but my inexperience may have contributed to that.

I have heard the AI is better with smaller scenarios where there is not as much large scale strategy to worry about. Playing shorter scenarios vs the AI seemed to bear that out. My play against a human opponent has not yet been successful (2 major defeats) so far. Of course there shouldnt be any expectations that any AI will be as good as a competent human player.

After being owned in PBEM in my short career, playing against the AI is good for morale. ;)
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Panzer campaigns mindset assistance - by jward - 01-30-2009, 07:36 AM
RE: Panzer campaigns mindset assistance - by Al - 01-30-2009, 09:18 AM
RE: Panzer campaigns mindset assistance - by FLG - 01-31-2009, 04:37 AM
RE: Panzer campaigns mindset assistance - by Hank - 03-31-2009, 05:02 AM
RE: Panzer campaigns mindset assistance - by The SNAFU - 03-31-2009, 06:58 AM
RE: Panzer campaigns mindset assistance - by FLG - 03-31-2009, 09:10 AM
RE: Panzer campaigns mindset assistance - by Hank - 03-31-2009, 11:27 PM
RE: Panzer campaigns mindset assistance - by Al - 04-01-2009, 06:11 AM