• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Will leaning back against the barn door
01-17-2009, 09:26 PM,
RE: Will leaning back against the barn door
Quote:I think this is just crying over spilt milk.The problem is two divisions were pushed across the river on three bridges with no reserves or troops guarding the crossing sites.Sure the Hq unit should probably land.Small part of the big picture.

Sounds like you never played WP in this capaign there are not so many units to leave them around bridges WP cross. to Guard it you need at least and MRR regiment becouse using smaller forces is like leaving non since you can dance around them with Airmobile Inf bomb them and then isolate and assault them to death!!!!

Quote:Not exactly an optimum test as Pact Anti-Air units have a considerable range advantage.If they slugged it out at point blank range as the test suggests,I would think your result is reasonable depending on how many turns it took..NATO systems are bagging Helo's at a rate of about one per shot I am guessing.In the situation you are in the game,there are too many Helo's to target and not enough time to kill enough to make a difference.That is a situational problem,not a problem with the game itself.(Do you stack tanks when you attack?)

Only AAA unit was station next to target the SAM's were fireing from distance of 3 and 4 hexes they are just to effective.

Quote:Probably not each and every bridge,but I think these three would have been good choices.

Well the answer to this is above WP just doen't have the troops to guard this bridges as WP has to divert front line units to this and even that dosen't guarantee succes.

Any Way got a OOB and PDT files from Tarzoon with modified stats of SAM's and Helicopter units and first tests are really promising. With it flying a Heliborne infantry in T mode next to WP units is rather stupid as a 150 men unit disspear after two shoots so no more loitering around and isolating or scouting with them. As for Strike choopers i repeated the test from above and AAA unit got broken with 1 vehicle left while the SAM unit took 30% losses but there was not much left of the Cobra unit either:bow:

Tarzon is doing a great job:)
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will leaning back against the barn door - by Spooky - 01-17-2009, 09:26 PM