• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What games to get?
11-15-2008, 06:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-15-2008, 06:19 PM by Mr Grumpy.)
RE: What games to get?
I agree with Krak about the desert titles, when you play a new non desert title you sometimes have to change your playing style a little to suit the particular conditions of that title, but often you don't have to do this at all.
The desert titles are not like that, the fact there are huge mp allowences (which almost give you too much choice of direction),soft ZOC and often being isolated means you must be able to adapt your style of play much more to suit those unique conditions and i think it is that shock to the system that many players don't like.
Tobruk has been improved hugely by VM Alt scenarios several of which have been through the H2H system and Alamein has some great scenarios including the invasion of Malta and you can download VM "add on" Compass '40 which a whole new set of scenarios.

So don't rule the Desert titles out, but if you get one be prepared to go back to PzC school for a while. ;)

I am playing F40 at the moment and i love it.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What games to get? - by Vaevictis - 11-15-2008, 09:37 AM
RE: What games to get? - by Sgt Fury - 11-15-2008, 11:22 AM
RE: What games to get? - by Krak - 11-15-2008, 11:56 AM
RE: What games to get? - by Panzer VI - 11-15-2008, 12:25 PM
RE: What games to get? - by Mr Grumpy - 11-15-2008, 06:17 PM