• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NATO, WAPA and the indefensibility of LandJut in NGP and D85
11-05-2008, 01:29 PM,
RE: NATO, WAPA and the indefensibility of LandJut in NGP and D85
Frankly it all comes down to sources, or rather where HPS got their information, and then I would say certain judgment calls on how that information is included in the game. A perfect example is the strength of the NATO and WP infantry units; WP infantry are too high, while NATO is low if you use the same criteria. I think this may have been a judgment call to even the game, or just a mistake.

tazaaron's Bolt out of the Blue is one of the best OOB for accuracy I have seen to date. I know he is very willing to do whatever is necessary to make his OOB show all units. His oob also has rear area security units, which other D 85' oob don't, again making the game more realistic IMO. I think he would be very interested in hearing how he can make the Danish forces as accurate as possible.

Another OOB I have found that I think is real good is the Twilight of the Gods, scenario, but it uses the same strength ratings as the "company" oob.

I have been working on my own oob/pdt but this is huge job, making me appreciate the massive amount of work done already.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NATO, WAPA and the indefensibility of LandJut in NGP and D85 - by Zemke - 11-05-2008, 01:29 PM