• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

"To fire or not to fire, that is the question?"
10-23-2008, 08:06 AM,
"To fire or not to fire, that is the question?"
In a recent test with Volcano Man in which we were trying to discover how long the surrounded Axis units in the Halfaya Pass bunkers (with a supply source) could survive, i tried a tactic of not firing with my Axis units in my turn as this inevitability brought down defensive 25 Pdr arty fire on my bunkers, i figured that with 50% (ish) less arty fire my units would last longer as there would be less chance of a disruption and their fatigue would be lessened. ;)

This was a mirror test and Ed did not use this tactic and attempted to dish out as much punishment to my Allied forces as possible, although this tactic did draw more arty fire i was amazed that it was my Axis units who suffered from the disruptions and i lost two bunkers to his one. :hissy:

So the question is does refraining from firing on your turn actually help preserve a defensive unit or should you hand out all the punishment you can? :chin:

I would be interested in players thoughts and experiences.................
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
"To fire or not to fire, that is the question?" - by Mr Grumpy - 10-23-2008, 08:06 AM