• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

6th PzD - OOB Question - Stalingrad
08-18-2008, 01:14 PM,
6th PzD - OOB Question - Stalingrad
Hey all,

I need some help here.

I was looking over the Stalingrad OOB for the 6th Panzer Division and I believe part of the division is missing specifically the 40+ assault guns commanded by Major Koch.

In both Anthony Beevor's book "Stalingrad" pg 297 and in General Raus' book "Panzer Operations" pg 175, 182 they refer to a very strong assault gun unit of over 40 vehicles commanded by Major Koch that was organic to the 6th Panzer Division when it was committed to breakthrough to Stalingrad. This unit was very powerful and during the swirling battles north of Kotelnikovo it played a large role in the destruction of the Russian 4th Cavalry Corps.

I am editing the OOB for my (soon to be published) altered S42 campaign and I need some thoughts on how I should create this missing unit. Being 40+ vehicles I imagine that it is full battalion consisting of 3 companies of 13 vehicles plus a couple battalion command vehicles. Since the 6th PzD was fully re-equipped by Nov 1942 when it left France I imagine that it had the latest Stug's (i.e. with 75mm long guns). I am thinking they are either the F or early G models (no side skirts).

Does this sound about right? Does anybody have any other thoughts or information regarding this unit?

Thanks,

Marty

cheers
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
6th PzD - OOB Question - Stalingrad - by von Nev - 08-18-2008, 01:14 PM