• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side
09-03-2008, 01:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-03-2008, 01:31 AM by Kingmaker.)
RE: Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side
HiHi

A good AAR Alasdair, cheers. As you have probably read my report by now, just thought I would add some postscripts here to give you some Feedback as to how I saw some of your actions.

In the west I have moved into southern Missouri and I am looking to at least strike a threatening posture on the Mississipi.

Yes this worked well, I was worried about any further advance into Arkansas as I had Twiggs div tied up with the Baton Rouge unrest, caused lots of shuffling around and hence a very slow build up of Polks AoW

I have the Army of the Potomac sitting in eastern Maryland protecting Washinton and two Corps of 25,000 and 45,000 men in southern Pennslyvania, and I moved two divisions into Franklin to threaten the southern supply lines of the AoNV.

Again your movements had me worried, I was so, so desperate to strike out at your Iron production at Pittsburg, to undermine your Naval builds and any prospective Fort building, but I was uncertain due to your manoeuvres if I dare leave the door to Richmond etc open, so very reluctantly I shelved that plan.

I can't see how he can have this many men available to him, if he has only been using muster. Unless his governers are a lot more understanding than mine.

You have that the wrong way round mate, yes I only used musters, but it’s ME that is not understanding of my Governors. I have an inbuilt intrinsic loathing of all politicians and this carries over into the game, if the people are willing to muster I do so and stuff the governor’s opinion.

I also think spending money on European diplomacy may be a much better cost effective means of blockading southern trade

You may have a very valid point there, it was certainly affecting my blockade cargoes, I realised you were spending quite heavily on diplomacy and toyed with the idea of during the winter months, when storms at sea create probs with sailing, of dropping all my diplomatic spends completely and divert the money elsewhere leaving me able to giggle inanely at the thought of you spending a bloody fortune fighting a diplomatic battle totally unopposed (I know, I know, my parents weren’t married Big Grin)

Looking forward to our next encounter, in the meantime hope all goes well for you, your Lady & Baby.

All the Best
Peter
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side - by cillmhor - 08-15-2008, 10:40 PM
RE: Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side - by Steel God - 08-16-2008, 01:19 AM
RE: Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side - by cillmhor - 08-16-2008, 04:15 AM
RE: Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side - by cillmhor - 08-16-2008, 09:01 PM
RE: Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side - by cillmhor - 08-18-2008, 06:46 PM
RE: Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side - by cillmhor - 08-19-2008, 10:25 PM
RE: Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side - by cillmhor - 08-20-2008, 10:29 PM
RE: Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side - by cillmhor - 08-22-2008, 11:05 PM