• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side
09-01-2008, 06:41 PM,
RE: Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side
Late April 1862:

Well I compromised... I sent a Corps down past Lynchburg towards North Carolina in an attempt to perhaps draw some of Peter's troops away from Richmond. The AoNV sits in Fredricksburg and despite having a 1.5 to 1 advantage, I suspect, I cannot afford to take them on on their own territory as I will have no defensive bonus. I hope they move south to counter my Corps thrust on Lnychburg and then I will send the 3rd Army and the Army of the Potomac into Fredricksburg.

In the West Peter continues to send troops around the west and mid west sowing unrest. This will work, but the game bug where I get 2 points of National Will (NW) and Peter loses 1 point of NW each time I retake a city means that this strategy may advantage me. As National Will affects the quality of troops produced, if it swings enough in my favour, I may be able to produce a few high quality troops to send to battle.

I continue with my production of mints, and I will use money to produce mansions for a while now in order to allow production of more buildings in my provinces as I have reached the building limit in many states. A mansion allows you to build 4 more buildings in a province but they cost 100 gold, which is at the moment about a third of my money available each turn. So producing mansions will effectively prevent me from doing much else for a turn or 2.

I continue to produce camps to try and replace losses, some brigades are running pretty low on reserves.

My biggest worry for now is the appearance of a sizeable Army in the West under Lee. It is patently clear that Peter intends to go on the offensive in the West. But he still seems able to field a large army in the East. I can't see how he can have this many men available to him, if he has only been using muster. Unless his governers are a lot more understanding than mine.

I may have to test the AoNV soon in the east, if for no other reason than to try and pressurize Peter in to sending some troops from the west.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side - by cillmhor - 08-15-2008, 10:40 PM
RE: Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side - by Steel God - 08-16-2008, 01:19 AM
RE: Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side - by cillmhor - 08-16-2008, 04:15 AM
RE: Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side - by cillmhor - 08-16-2008, 09:01 PM
RE: Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side - by cillmhor - 08-18-2008, 06:46 PM
RE: Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side - by cillmhor - 08-19-2008, 10:25 PM
RE: Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side - by cillmhor - 08-20-2008, 10:29 PM
RE: Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side - by cillmhor - 08-22-2008, 11:05 PM
RE: Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side - by cillmhor - 08-24-2008, 09:20 PM
RE: Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side - by cillmhor - 08-28-2008, 09:44 PM