• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 2
09-04-2008, 12:04 PM,
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 2
The battle has begun with a bang as the German assault hits our relatively weak forces at the central bridgehead. One T34 unit is gone forever, and the Germans have many units around the bridgehead. My westernmost units are fixed for the night, waiting to begin their attack at dawn as planned, and the forces screening the German bridgehead are ordered to rest, awaiting developments elsewhere. Thus, my first turn consists of defensive moves at my central bridgehead, as shown below, and a careful crossing of the cavalry in the east, using their artillery to weaken the defenders there in order to push them back.

[Image: SovietT1.jpg]

The withdrawal goes well, with the weaker tank units, consisting of just a few tanks each, falling back to the towns in order to rebuild or be thrown into battle when it is critical.

The cavalry crossing goes well, with only limited fire being received from the Germans who don't appear to have artillery support fortunately. One division makes the crossing, while the second stands by to support it as the first group of units tire or get disrupted. If my crossing is only held by disrupted units, then the Germans will be able to grab a bunch of victory points with an assault, but with no artillery in support the enemy will be hard pressed to disrupt my cavalry and still be able to assault, so it is a calculated risk.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 2 - by Ricky B - 09-04-2008, 12:04 PM