• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SS Totenkopf - "Fire Brigade" (M44 Campaign)
08-01-2008, 03:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-22-2009, 01:35 PM by Dog Soldier.)
SS Totenkopf - "Fire Brigade" (M44 Campaign)
Hey all,

I thought I would start an AAR of the epic Minsk 44 PBEM campaign I am playing with "LowLander". We are playing Sgt Fury's alternate M44 campaign. I am the Germans. LowLander is the Russians.

Because the campaign is so large I thought I would focus my AAR on the 3rd SS PzG Division Totenkopf. This division has been running around as a "fire brigade" on the eastern side of the Minsk salient trying to hold back the Russian horde to keep an intact defensive line. Honestly, without this "A morale" division the whole eastern defensive line would have collapsed.

Currently we are on turn 90 of this great campaign. This AAR although will start on turn 4 with the arrival of Totenkopf in the area of operations just west of Mogilev.

In Sgt Fury's campaign you can elect where Totenkopf comes on as reinforcements. I elected a place closest to the eastern salient as that area has minimal armor reserves and Totenkopf is an extremely powerful division as it has 50 Pz IV's, 30 Tigers, 80 Panthers and 12 Pz IV assault guns. These tanks will come in very handy to deflect the expected hordes of T-34's and Totenkopf's Panzer Grenadiers will be key to bolstering the defensive lines of the nearby infantry divisions.

This first screenshot is of Totenkopf and it gives you an idea of the strength of this division.

[Image: M44SSTurn4a.jpg]

Totenkopf arrives on Turn 4 and is immediately put into travel mode to reinforce the already hard pressed infantry divisions that are trying to hold the Pronya river defensive line. You can see from this next screenshot that the 337th Infantry Division already has several broken units after only 4 turns. The Russians are already over the river in several spots. For reference, both FHH PzG and the 28th Jager Division are still fixed so they cannot help yet.

[Image: M44SSTurn4b.jpg]

I hope you enjoy this AAR. Please comment and give your thoughts. From time to time I will post the overall Jump Map to see how things are going as well as post the Victory Conditions.

Marty cheers
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
SS Totenkopf - "Fire Brigade" (M44 Campaign) - by von Nev - 08-01-2008, 03:05 PM