• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The French Fuhrer: Genocidal Napoleon was as barbaric as Hitler, historian claims
07-29-2008, 08:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2008, 08:26 PM by Kingmaker.)
RE: The French Fuhrer: Genocidal Napoleon was as barbaric as Hitler, historian claims
HiHi

Can I suggest that what the article really demonstrates is Sloppy Historical reasoning and a shameless attempt at self glorification/Political correctness by the author Claude Ribbe (Looks like we have another ‘Roots’ here)

Hitler being a product of, and I use the term very loosely, ‘Western Civilisation’, would be well aware Genocidal ideology long before he ever heard of Napoleon, in fact his culture was/is immersed in it, one of the most widely read books of all time and a foundation stone for much European/Western thought is full of the extermination & enslavement of inferior beings, ie ‘the Bible’

Consider the actions of the Hebrew tribes, whereby the annihilation or enslavement of inferior tribes such as the ‘Canaanites’, ‘Moabites’, ‘Shuanammites’, ‘Ainthadaf#cksincefridaynightites’ was considered a ’Goodthing’, pleasing in the eyes of the Lord etc. etc. in fact being an ‘ite’ in those days didn’t seem to hold out great prospects for a healthy lifestyle at all! What a role-model for an unbalanced mind like Hitler.

The knowledge about the atrocities conducted during the Revolution/Napoleonic era has long been out there, albeit maybe not in such detail; which actually poses the question as to why it is now considered such a shocking revelation, dare I suggest it’s because the author is black?

Personal opinion, but I have always considered Napoleon to be a Dictator, brilliant field commander yes, Good guy No!

All the Best
Peter
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The French Fuhrer: Genocidal Napoleon was as barbaric as Hitler, historian claims - by Kingmaker - 07-29-2008, 08:17 PM