• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
06-22-2008, 12:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-22-2008, 03:28 PM by von Nev.)
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
Here is turn 12.

Some forward progress this turn as I attacked on the two axis. The southern attack pushed enough units east that it exposed the flanks of a Russian stack that was in the woods. Using a motorized infantry battalion from the 10th motorized I attacked behind it and therefore isolated the stack. They will be eliminated next turn. The northern attack on the main road moved forward a couple of km's and was able to keep pinned two Russian infantry battalions. They are taking a beating but I need to eliminate them. I am hoping that the continual pressure along the road will eventually start to break some of these Russian units so I can by-pass them. I expect that the Russians have a lot of units dug in along the road so I am pounding them with arty as I uncover them.

Also, the first few units from the Das Reich regiment are now arriving. Unfortunately there are still a lot of Russian minefields west of Mogilev and a couple of the SS recon units ran into them.

Red circles are assaults. Yellow lines are German attack routes.
[Image: S41TourneyTurn12a.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1 - by von Nev - 06-22-2008, 12:08 PM