• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

DAR - {here}Leto, come to Papa! - Defending an assault
03-12-2008, 03:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-12-2008, 03:37 PM by Colonel Talvela.)
DAR - {here}Leto, come to Papa! - Defending an assault
Playing a mirrored axis minor assault against Leto. I am pretty excited about the settings.

-Oct 41 - early war.
-Unrestricted units, but as the attacker you can only pick units from one axis minor country. As the defender, you cannot pick T34 or KV tanks.
-1000 point assault
-20 turns fixed
-clear weather
-We loaded the map below with units as follows:
Attacker
- 2 Crack 150mm SP guns
- 1 Conscript 170mm artillery spotter (20 ammo)
- 2 TRPS for the attacker
Defender
-1 mg bunker (wooden kind)
-2 TRPS
-4 wire
-4 anti-inf mines
-4 daisy chain mines
-2 trenches

[Image: AtMap.jpg]

The reasoning for unit is - axis minor dont have any big HE. And really, what is more fun than 150mm SP guns and huge artillery - but in QBs they never get selected because of rarity. On defense, CMBB actually counts fortification units against your final score, but I personally think they are a blast to play with. So we give each side the same defense units and that keeps it even.

1000 points isnt nearly enough troops to cover this map, but 20 turns isnt enough time to attack it either. So it should be a brutal fight with lots of big bombs and rushed action.

The map has two big flags in the middle back, and six small flags (circled in yellow). the reasoning here is we figured lots of flags will allow somebody who advances slightly further to get a little bonus.

Dont know how detailed of a DAR I will do on both games. But hopefully I will show some highlights, and I will definitely get to make fun of Pete.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
DAR - {here}Leto, come to Papa! - Defending an assault - by Colonel Talvela - 03-12-2008, 03:34 PM