• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Commenst on Minsk Campaign and VM alt version- No fixed units campaign
05-15-2007, 02:28 AM,
Commenst on Minsk Campaign and VM alt version- No fixed units campaign
Hi

Without doubt this is an interesting game.

Its hard to believe the Germans could be caught out this badly. I am playing the no fixed units alt campaign as the axis we are on turn 16 . Initially I made some very powerful counterattacks with the 20th PZG and FHH AND ONE OTHER unit managed to close two Russian crossings before having to withdraw , I killed about 10 Russian battalions isolated and killed 2 Russian Tank Battalions . But now the front is breaking apart - everywhere .

What I wonder should be the objective of the Germans . What should I expect the Russians need to do . Kill everything , exit the map ?? From what I see you have to .

1. Deny access of the Soviet mobile forces to the paved roads for as long as possible

2. Control key bridges for your escape

3. Hold Minsk , I suppose

4. Prevent you units being destroyed fully

5. Stop the partisans triggering the bridges , 2 hex patrolling does not stop them as i see they move fast

Other comments for VM Alt interest

The axis air is only HE111 find this a bit strange I would expect to see more types , the designation as carpet bombers seems realistic ( and helpful ) and works well

Axis air interdiction on Russian Art units is very powerful . I think that the defence value of art ( Russian ) units seems quite low and counter battery is therefore really viable . The issue of the hard attack is settled I see , it really was too weak .

German inf hard attack values seem a bit low , they seem to be able to do almost nothing , I would have thought that there was a lot of PZF and PZCK available at this time .

The changes to the Russian INF fire values are good and needed , Russians are reasonable at close range ( assault ) but ranged fire I always thought they lacked ranged weapons .

I find in assaults the axis defender often losses more ( much more ) than the attacker even if the assault fails . This makes the Russians kinda auto assault for this alone - is this a product of this mod ??

What is the opinion of others

Michael

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Commenst on Minsk Campaign and VM alt version- No fixed units campaign - by cavalry corps - 05-15-2007, 02:28 AM