• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Manual Defensive Fire and Alt Fire/Assault Optional Rules
11-13-2006, 03:02 AM,
RE: Manual Defensive Fire and Alt Fire/Assault Optional Rules
Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately as I don't like to delve into the math involved personally, I don't think the calcs for the alt fire are known outside of by Mr. Tiller himself. However, I do think that it is basically handled as a straightline relationship, that may also include the size of individual units in addition to overall strength in a hex.

So a single small unit is nearly invulnerable to losses from fire, medium sized units/stacks suffer moderately and large units/stacks suffer severely. I just haven't looked at the relationship between density, unit sizes and stacking to tell overall, but for 1 400 man unit vs 3 400 man units, I would guess the alt artillery fire will cause around triple the losses to the 3 units. But I am not sure what would happen with 12 100 man units vs. the 3 400 man ones - no idea if losses would be higher or lower. But 1 100 man unit probably wouldn't lose more than a couple of men compared to a 1200 man stack losing 30-40 maybe.

Sorry, not much help on that.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Manual Defensive Fire and Alt Fire/Assault Optional Rules - by Ricky B - 11-13-2006, 03:02 AM