• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Walrus Down!! Weasel + Cross pls read. Cheers
10-28-2006, 02:42 PM,
Walrus Down!! Weasel + Cross pls read. Cheers
Hi Guys
I have managed to kill my computer, or at least disabled it for the meantime.
I also seem tp have no access to my remote mail server.
So...I will keep an eye on the board.
Sorry Chris, I'll get the turns back asap. It is possible that those games are lost, we'll see soon enough. I expect to be up and running by the end of next week at the latest.

Cross...you may be able to help me after all :rolleyes:
I managed to delete my system hive (xp pro SP1) during a boot time defrag. Very strange, but there it is. I have managed to use recovery consol to get windows\system32\config\system back (using xp cd) but now I cannot get past the admin password (on the R console). I never created a p/w so I have no idea what it could be. I have seen it said the "blank" is the default...but not it seems on my system :angry:

I cannot use the xp repair function (in the blue screen) not sure why and I have not backed up my importand C drive files...was about to do it the next day before my rebuild.

I know I can remove the actual HDD and slave it to another system and recover the info that way but I am trying to get it sorted by myself...and learning heaps in the process.

So...any clues with the admin password thingy?
Cheers all
Jason
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Walrus Down!! Weasel + Cross pls read. Cheers - by Walrus - 10-28-2006, 02:42 PM