• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Minsk oob values ...some comments
10-21-2006, 01:36 AM,
Minsk oob values ...some comments
Some issues and observations with Minsk OOB

I started looking over in some detail the OOB for these games . Looking at Minsk I would like to comment on the following main points that struck me quite fast .

There seem to be almost 100% T34/85 on the Soviets side , that seems incredible but I am not any expert on that . Nice to see a few JS2 , they should have also been in the K44 game as well .

The T34/85 defence is 21 normal T34 18 ( in fact 18 may be a bit low but is this abstracted to show poorer command and control ) . I never thought the armour on the 85 was much different if at all than the 76 in any event ?

The gun rating looks about right but two hex range looks excessive esp.. considering the PZ1VG is 1 It was a fact the Germans were far better at ranged combat and had the higher velocity guns , consider and imagine a Battalion of PZ1V deployed over a wider area than 1 km ( because they have radios and better command and control in any event ) , that means by giving them the two hex range you are suggesting this advantage but instead you suggest the Russians have that advantage ... Thats wrong .

The Tiger is the same defence as the Panther . If the Panther is 22 I estimated looking at the average of armour it should be about 25 , its frontal armour is much thicker than the Panther ? In this game and others the Tiger is really rather inferior to the Panther in yet it was the weapon of choice for the Army Tank Battalions ( the gun is slightly better but I am not sure how that will turn into kills ) .

I suppose you can argue that speed has something to do with defence as so could quality , a higher quality unit could demand a better defence because its crews are less likely to expose a flank or rear . Also SP guns could have lower fire values because they are not turreted and cannot react as fast . I just wondered what the rational was in these games for the defence value .

The Nashorn 88 is the the really nasty PAK43 is it not but its rated 50/2 where as the lower grade 88 on the Tiger and 88 AA is 52/2 ...why ?

Also the Nashorn is lower morale this means the unit is far less effective in killing tanks than the Tiger or 88 ? This and other games the higher the rating of the guns the lower morale gets , I can never get my head round that .

Again I suppose I wanted to ask are the defence and offence values based on simple facts or facts blended with doctrine or are they just abstract .

Regards

Michael

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Minsk oob values ...some comments - by cavalry corps - 10-21-2006, 01:36 AM
RE: Minsk oob values ...some comments - by JonS1 - 10-21-2006, 09:16 AM
RE: Minsk oob values ...some comments - by Krak - 10-21-2006, 12:27 PM
RE: Minsk oob values ...some comments - by Arimus - 10-25-2006, 08:59 PM