• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

DEFENDING the REich discussion;and other games:)
09-24-2006, 11:45 AM,
DEFENDING the REich discussion;and other games:)
Thoughts on "Defending the Reich":
No matter the small talk on some newsgroups (i.e. the new "twitch and click games...etc) I am enjoying this new offering by HPS. It is a bit absracted for the benefit of playability; such as :
1. Flak is represented by points dealt out to cities as needed.
2. The Allied player has command points, used for unit repairs, R+D, and morale building efforts, after these are used the remainder are used to set up a one week raid effort over nighttime Germany.
3. The German player uses command points for the same reasons plus moving units around to new airbases.
So in a nutshell it's boiled down to the Allied player planning one night of raids per week VS the German player directing his fighters towards the oncoming raids that night = a one week passage.
The system this way really works well and suits it perfectly, just enough info without reaching overload.
I've played BTR and it = info overload.
And the AI gives a very good game in itself, I have yet to be on the winning side of the graph yet:(
I have a game going for both sides at the moment and it's enjoyable from either side, I highly reccomend it.
That's my take on "Defending the Reich" , ask me any other questions , I'll try my best to answer....

Other games I can discuss also;:soap:

Prosims Air Assault TF(demo)
Distant Guns (demo)
HArpoon 3 anw
Dangerous waters
Birth of America
Conquest of the Aegean
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
DEFENDING the REich discussion;and other games:) - by PK Powers - 09-24-2006, 11:45 AM