• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CAN WE AMEND LADDER/SCENARIO RESULTS TO INDICATE FORFEITS
09-10-2006, 12:16 AM,
RE: CAN WE AMEND LADDER/SCENARIO RESULTS TO INDICATE FORFEITS
On Brian's point, yes changes to the ladder scoring database are global, so a change on OpC effects all ladders. Therefore any changes would have to be viewed in the impact to all ladders.

On the general subject itself...as it pertains to the OpC Ladder, there is a way you could figure out if a CG had been played to completion, but it would be a pain in the butt. Find the result, then click over to the players profile screens and see if they were awarded the CG bonus for the game. If so, it was played to completion, if no bonus, it was not played to the end. I venture to say, only a very small percentage of the CGs recorded here are played to the very last turn.

If such a change were implemented, I do believe we would be better off going with the suggestion that entered a number of turns played, as opposed to a game completed check box.

But the bottom line as always, is the juice worth the squeeze? If we make the programming effort to change the database what is the benefit? I'm not really sure there's a tremendous value here because the rating systems for the scenarios is so subjective to begin with. What I mean is, the vast majority of the time the results are entered by the victors...given that fact, human nature says the reported balance will be reported as more "even" than it really is (since most winners tend to think the fight was more balanced than it was). SO how is another data element in a very subjective system going to benefit us?

Paul
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CAN WE AMEND LADDER/SCENARIO RESULTS TO INDICATE FORFEITS - by Steel God - 09-10-2006, 12:16 AM