• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Need advice, opponent gone missing
06-28-2006, 06:53 AM,
Need advice, opponent gone missing
Hi guys,

A couple of weeks ago I started an FitE game with another member. We agreed that this would be a ladder game.

Things went well for a week or 3 and he was very quick in submitting his move (usually within a day). He is playing the Sovs so had much less to do as me.

Unfortunately it has now been almost 2 weeks since I heard anything from him. I have sent 2 additional mails asking him if there is a problem or if he is just to busy for the moment. As a long time gamer I know how real life can eat into gaming time all to well.

Basically I'm unsure what to do. My situation is thus that I can only comfortable afford 1 large FitE game due to time constraints so I'm left a bit hanging while itching to play the game. Since he is not replying I fear he doesn't want to continue but on the other hand if I start a new one and he shows up I would be required to continue which would cause major time issues.

So the question is, can one declare victory if your opponent stops responding? If so, how long does one have to wait? What are the ladder's rules on this?

Many thanks to all.
Best,
Glenn
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Need advice, opponent gone missing - by Glennvc - 06-28-2006, 06:53 AM