• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

TOAW III
06-17-2006, 12:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-26-2008, 09:21 PM by Currahee.)
TOAW III
I'll start a new thread on this important topic!

If you've bought the new game, you'll want to download the 3.2.29.27 patch from Matrix; you should apply this patch before you start a game.��

TOAW III is backward compatible with all existing scenarios; however, if you play a scenario not included on the new TOAW III CD, you need to "convert" it first.��That's easy to do:��just open the scenario with the TOAW III editor, and then save it....you can save it right over the old version, which you won't be needing anymore.

The conversion is important; you can open and play an older scenario without converting it, but there might be a few problems; the TOAW III editor fixes these automatically, when a scenario is loaded into it.��

Also, if you can't get an old scenario to load into the TOAW III editor, let me know, and I can help.��If it was created as or converted to a "small" scenario under prior versions, you'll have to convert it back to "large", because TOAW III abandons that clunky convention, now the only size is "large".��To convert those, you will need to load them into the COW 1.04 "small" editor, then save.��If you've removed COW 1.04 from your computer, someone like me can do it for you.��I think that at some point, TOAW III will be changed, so it can load those old scenarios directly.��

Similar issues arise for very old scenarios originally designed in TOAW I, II, or TWOTY.��They can all be "converted", but you need the original version (I, II or TWOTY, as the case may be) to convert them.��Again, I can help, as I have retained running copies of all old versions.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
TOAW III - by Currahee - 06-17-2006, 12:55 AM
RE: TOAW III - by Bear - 01-17-2010, 09:01 PM
RE: TOAW III - by Currahee - 01-17-2010, 10:54 PM
RE: TOAW III - by KG_RangerBooBoo - 01-17-2010, 11:59 PM
RE: TOAW III - by BigDuke66 - 08-16-2010, 04:57 AM
RE: TOAW III - by Antoni Chmielowski - 08-31-2010, 01:03 AM
RE: TOAW III - by BigDuke66 - 10-03-2010, 01:11 PM
RE: TOAW III - by silvanski - 10-11-2010, 04:23 PM