• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Thoughts on Disruption/Broken recovery...
09-13-2022, 02:54 PM,
RE: Thoughts on Disruption/Broken recovery...
(09-13-2022, 07:07 AM)MikeC Wrote: Surprising results, Mark.

My preference would be that there would be more incentive to remain within command range. But I guess supply, artillery effectiveness, along with (minor) recovery effects, all act as incentives to remain in command.

Mike, yeah I agree that when you consider all the factors, more often than not it's going to be better to be within command range.  But sometimes you can't always be in command range and this is where understanding the impact of the variables can help you make a better choice given the situation.

I'm boiling this down to a doctrine that I will probably follow that assumes units with A or B moral can operate better and longer outside of their command range and won't need to retreat as much to recover from disruption.  And in contrast, I will be looking to keep units with C or worse moral more in command range whenever possible, not push them as hard and pull them back farther when they need a break.

Chances of low ammo/fuel and fatigue will obviously challenge this doctrine but I suppose these are the factors that we all have to balance and weigh out as 'armchair generals'... but nonetheless, these are the sorts of things that make Panzer Campaigns so interesting and engaging.

-Mark
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts on Disruption/Broken recovery... - by MisterMark - 09-13-2022, 02:54 PM