• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Early American War Pondering
01-07-2022, 10:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-16-2022, 02:32 PM by Sean.)
Early American War Pondering
Just recently bought MAW and FIW  along with some other non EAW titles in a bulk Christmas deal at WDS.

Had a few thoughts.

(1)I wanted to make Melee in particular more brutal where larger casualties are caused, prefer Attacker to cause more Casualties than the Defender too. How can I do this? Is there a variable for Cavalry Melee value ,or is that tied to the Cavalry Fire adjustment?

(2)In a similar vein I wanted Fire Combat to cause more casualties ,particularly Artillery. How can I do this? I assume the Fire Values for different weapons I can increase to achieve my goal ,but what about artillery. Or are artillery part of these different weapon codes(A to Z for example)?Is there a list of which code corresponds to which weapon ,I can surmise the shorter range guns that fire up to 4 squares are musket type weapons so I could adjust these from this knowledge alone.

(3)I wanted to add more cavalry into a few scenarios in MAW and FIW. What do I need to do to achieve this? I had a go adding Artillery and Infantry using the Scenario editor and found that worked OK as a trial since they were present in the OOB(I assume) that appears when a scenario is opened. Wanted cavalry though ,in some scenarios like in FIW the cavalry is described as Aides but I did not see them in this Unit Dialogue box that first opens in Scenario editor.

(4)I have made a basic 2d Counter Mod that I will share for MAW. It basically adds torso style miniature pictures instead of the stock standard little infantry figures. Was not quite sure of the Grid Dimensions in MAW but it looks OK.

Both games are fun as is but I always like to changes things around for a bit of entertainment.

Ideas?

EDIT;
Counter Mod for MAW,
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ces7yjurf...n.zip/file
Counter Mod for FIW,
https://www.mediafire.com/file/5afpw6t3k...2.zip/file
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Early American War Pondering - by Sean - 01-07-2022, 10:26 AM
RE: Early American War Pondering - by Sean - 01-07-2022, 06:19 PM
RE: Early American War Pondering - by Sean - 01-08-2022, 09:43 AM
RE: Early American War Pondering - by -72- - 01-08-2022, 05:24 PM