• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Japan '46 Operation Coronet Allied AAR
11-23-2021, 08:43 AM,
RE: Japan '46 Operation Coronet Allied AAR
ComradeP

Absolutely brilliant AAR! There is a ton of useful information here to allow the campaign to be improved.

I think that the high Japanese quality is a key issue, just as it is in J45. Personally, I am not sure there should be any quality A Japanese. Fixing this one issue would have many flow on effects that would help improve balance. Also a more delayed release schedule for the Japanese would seem to make a lot of sense.

I suspect the new corps attachment rules will solve the problem you mention regarding the inflexible Japanese command structure. Also the new default optional rules would presumably help the Allies but not to anything like the extent needed.

Some of the parameter data values need to be tweaked. Unit recovery rates are a possible example. Even before quality is considered the Japanese rate is twice the Allied rate. In a long campaign this makes a big difference. Particularly for an outnumbered attacker.

There is much food for thought here. 

I minor point is that loss recovery is not affected by whether a unit is combined or broken down. If it was, that would be a bug. The chance of recovery is simply based on losses. A unit with 150 losses would recover the same number on average as three component units with 50 losses each. Perhaps I misunderstood what you are saying.

John
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Japan '46 Operation Coronet Allied AAR - by Green - 11-23-2021, 08:43 AM