• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France '40 - Panzer-Division composition
03-17-2021, 12:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-17-2021, 08:58 PM by BigDuke66.)
RE: France '40 - Panzer-Division composition
Oh yes!

(03-16-2021, 08:33 AM)Mike Prucha Wrote: We are aware that the Hannut and Gembloux scenarios tend to favor the French player too much and have found other solutions to address this.
For the Hannut and Gembloux scenarios I want to note 2 things that need attention:
1. No corps assets of the 4th German Corps including the HQ come on map despite all the divisions of the corps being there. That assets are missing may be true but that nothing above the divisions is there looks like an error.
2. Is it correct that the Germans have no air units for ground attacks the whole time? That Luftflotte 2 may have been involved in supporting Sedan and the other crossings in addition to supporting the drive in the North to take Holland is surely possible, but that they would use all of the assets and not support the drive at Gembloux Gap seems very unlikely. Wiki at least notes that VIII. Fliegerkorps with its many Stuka units supported Hoepner at Gembloux.

As I was checking the other Panzer Divisions in the #0510_04A_Ardennes_Prucha “The Approach to the Meuse” scenario I saw that the 8. Panzer-Division wrongly uses Pz35 instead of Pz38 in its tank units. Maybe it's worth checking if that error got carried over to other scenarios.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: France '40 - Panzer-Division composition - by BigDuke66 - 03-17-2021, 12:25 PM