• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Trying to figure out how Assault works
03-11-2021, 01:44 PM,
RE: Trying to figure out how Assault works
(03-10-2021, 01:15 PM)Jeff Conner Wrote: I came up with the same numbers that  you did, a range of .67 to 6.7 losses with a median of about 3.7.  So it is possible, but not likely to cause no losses, an average result would be 3-4 and the maximum is 7.  If you are getting higher numbers than that, something else is going on.  Do you have the Quality Loss Modifier optional rule selected?  If you do, and it is very commonly used, then depending on the morale of the unit suffering loses, they can be either increased or decreased from 50% to 200%.  C morale units do not have their losses modified.  If that's not going on, I don't know what's causing your out of range results.

Well after several hours of clicking, furious note-taking and copious amounts of coffee my preliminary conclusion is that assaults are indeed *not* working as intended; that is, the information in the manual is not accurate as to how the game resolves assaults.

Moreover, based on all the data I have collected I now have a pretty good idea of where the actual calculations deviate from those outlined in the manual and what's the surprising impact in game terms. I'll try to put up a post tomorrow with my findings.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trying to figure out how Assault works - by Xerxes77 - 03-11-2021, 01:44 PM