• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PzCamp Sicily: AI Orders
02-12-2021, 06:09 PM,
RE: PzCamp Sicily: AI Orders
(02-12-2021, 05:47 PM)Ashcloud Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 05:07 PM)neonlicht Wrote: Panzer Campaign Sicily: how do you give specific AI orders to specific units in the Editor? I've read the manual and that was no help. 

As I understand it (perhaps wrongly), to give AI orders in the Editor you have to:

1. Choose the "Selected Unit" option in the "View/Highlight" menu.
2. Double-click on the units you want to move.
3. Single-click on the destination hex.
4. Choose "Add Active Order" from the AI menu.
5. Add the turn number on which you want the order to execute.

But when I do this and then test it out in the main game program, the AI ignores my "Active Order" and does its own thing.

I had the same issue with the FWWC East Prussia game. 

I bought these games from JTS specifically because the JTS website claims that it's possible to create your own scenarios for play against the AI. But how can you create a scenario (as you wish to design it) when the AI ignores your orders & does its own thing?

Or maybe I'm doing this wrong? In which case, why can't I find the info I need in the documents that ship with the game?

I realise that this is a website for wargamers who play each other via the web. But I have to post questions relating to Single Player mode here because JTS Support doesn't respond to my queries.

Are, in fact, JTS games viable at all as single-player games? If not, why do they advertise them as single-player such?

P.S. Could it be that you have to give each individual unit a separate AI order? I had assumed that, by selecting a stack and highlighting it, you could give an AI order to the whole stack? But maybe it doesn't work like that?

I presume you have read pcedit.pdf? I am relatively new to PzC games but have a longer history with other JTS games and I always get a fantastic response from their support - check that you are asking in the right places, and your questions here are welcome.

All JTS games are good single-player games as in they offer a good practice for later taking on a real opponent.

I do have FWWC East Prussia game if you should like someone to help play test anything you make - I would be interested to try and help.

Best regaards,
Ash

Hi Ash and very many thanks for this -- appreciated. Yes, I've read the PDF relating to the Editor, and the section on AI Orders appears straightforward, but I can't seem to get it to work in practice. Anyway, thanks again & best wishes.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
PzCamp Sicily: AI Orders - by neonlicht - 02-12-2021, 05:07 PM
RE: PzCamp Sicily: AI Orders - by Ashcloud - 02-12-2021, 05:47 PM
RE: PzCamp Sicily: AI Orders - by neonlicht - 02-12-2021, 06:09 PM
RE: PzCamp Sicily: AI Orders - by Green - 02-12-2021, 07:57 PM
RE: PzCamp Sicily: AI Orders - by neonlicht - 02-12-2021, 08:15 PM