• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Update the base games.
01-06-2021, 09:57 AM,
RE: Update the base games.
(01-06-2021, 08:20 AM)_72z Wrote: "How they changed the graphics without consulting all the players mystifies me."

Technically .... they probably consider that they did   - they did the weathervane thing and went with the flow of posts included in this very folder, which were clearly in favour of using that material -the fact that no one seems to remember any of this -I find it pretty interesting ... as in where in the hell were any of you back then??? 

I know because those posts were undermining the project that I was given for them, to the point where I gave up -and recommended they go with said person's work.

Also -you can't do a single person graphic for leaders and multiple for squads/sub squads/crews - barring a programming change by the publisher - which I am pretty certain is never going to happen. Educated guess, but if they released the North Africa maps -then they're done with the series. I'd asked for that several years ago -got told 'no' ... I guess think of the meme that goes: 'Ok so there's still a chance!' -It was a project that had been for a game in development.

The gist is - this is essentially a mod project for end users now. Fwiw, it isn't high on my things to do list. I can get the original stock for FWW and I think Grenada (which I did miss doing earlier). I'm not interested in hosting that stuff on my own site.

Well, you can do a single leader, and I have, however, and it is a biggee, ALL oob's have to be gone through unit by unit, and select that image for each unit!! I've done it with my mod, so every scenario in my mod has single leaders, but sure as hell ain't doing it for every game, let someone else do it!

So, my mod has pre Blitzkrieg, Blitzkrieg, Desert Warfare and now also mid to late war, so either play it, or don't, but I will NOT be doing anything else for the vanilla games. Anyone feels strongly, get down off the high horse and do the work, find out real soon it's not the piece of cake everyone seems to think it is!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Update the base games. - by Ashcloud - 12-30-2020, 08:08 PM
RE: Update the base games. - by Embis - 12-30-2020, 08:40 PM
RE: Update the base games. - by Xerxes77 - 12-30-2020, 09:59 PM
RE: Update the base games. - by phoenix - 12-30-2020, 10:22 PM
RE: Update the base games. - by Warhorse - 12-30-2020, 11:45 PM
RE: Update the base games. - by -72- - 01-06-2021, 08:20 AM
RE: Update the base games. - by Warhorse - 01-06-2021, 09:57 AM